Kevin Hooper announces his cookery demonstration menu
Kevin Hooper, Master Chef of Great Britain Taste of Surrey Cookery School, will be giving cookery demonstrations at the Godalming Food Festival on Saturday 2nd July. Look out for his stall on the High Street (by the former Julian Graves shop)
Throughout the day Kevin will be running a herb and spice identification game. Identify as many herbs and spices as you can and the person with the most identified correctly will received a £55 voucher towards a cookery lesson. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided on the best slogan for “We should promote the tastes of surrey because…………………..”
Between 10am and 3pm Kevin will be demonstrating how to cook a lovely range of delicious goodies.
The menu and schedule
- 10am - Sour dough and bread rolls - Using locally milled flour to produce a range of dough products.
- 11am - Fruit buns and shaping bread rolls - Using locally milled flour to produce a range of dough
- 12noon - Trout en papillote oriental - Sustainable and local. Kevin will show how to fillet and then prepared a modern, fresh wonderfully easy fish dish.
- 1pm - The best Surrey vegetable risotto - The rice may be Italian but the vegetables are all local, and Kevin maintains his risotto is one of the best
- 2pm - Flavoured focaccia- Kevin uses his own recipe to produce the tastiest breads.
- 3pm - Watercress pesto with Tagliatelli - Surrey watercress pesto served with roast vegetables and Kevin’s fresh pasta